The Piedmont Triad Regional Workforce Development Board was established through federal legislation (29 U.S. Code § 3122.), and certified by the Governor of North Carolina to carry out the functions for local workforce boards under the Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA).
PTRWDS serves seven counties in the Piedmont Triad Region: Caswell, Davie, Forsyth, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin.
WHAT WE DO:
- Designs and implement a strategic plan to meet the needs of the region's businesses for a skilled, reliable and proficient workforce.
- Convene and engage in public/private partnerships that respond to emerging workforce issues and economic development opportunities
- Serve as the regional expert on workforce related issues, providing regional research and data to our partners.
- Develop and facilitate initiatives to help strengthen workforce and economic development.
- Allocate funds for, and oversee the operations of, the local area NCWorks Career Centers within our 7 county service area
- Provide a broad range of business services to help align talent and needs of industry.
PTRWDB is advancing with a new set of directions and dreams for the future and a firm foundation to build on; as described in the local strategic plan, the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Comprehensive Four-Year Title I Plan PY 2020, July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2024.
We are excited about exploring new frontiers and facilitating prosperity and economic growth across the seven counties we serve: Caswell, Davie, Forsyth, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin.
Our Mission, Vision, Strategy
To ensure that the local workforce development system is market-driven
Our mission and vision are clear and we have a dedicated group of Officers, Board Members, Committee Members and Staff to ensure the services and programs our counties need to move forward are provided. Our strategic plan has been developed to use a couple of key tools: the State of the Workforce Report (PDF) and the CEDS Report. These two things will be our building blocks in the next few years.
Our mission and vision being communicated to employers, job seekers and the general public. We have developed new ways to spread the word on what we have to offer, like through the use of this Web site and other social media. The NCWorks Career Centers in our local area, our focus for the past few years, are very successful and will continue to grow and improve as they reach out to the seven county area we serve.
As we become more of a part of the local community, we will become a force in the Piedmont Triad region. We continue to look for active participation from workforce professionals and employers alike and pledge to work toward meeting the goals set forth by the Piedmont Triad Regional Workforce Development Board.
The Piedmont Triad Regional Workforce Development Board is made up of representatives from the private sector, government, non-profit, community and labor organizations. The Chair and Vice-Chair must be private sector representatives and the majority of the board must be private sector. Click here to see a listing of our current Board members.
The Piedmont Triad Regional Workforce Development Program is an equal opportunity employer/program and auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.