If you are interested in scheduling a school program with us, you can head on over to the Teachers page to fill out our School Program Request Form!
- Rain Garden in a Bottle - Students build their very own rain garden using native plants to demonstrate how they survive in their environments.
- The Incredible Journey - This is a hands-on activity that teaches students how water moves through the water cycle. Students get to go through two rounds of the activity as a “water droplet”, moving from one station to another.
- Enviroscape - Students get to act as pollutants or rain on the Enviroscape using common household items in order to understand point-source and non-point source pollution.
Read More >>> (pg. 1)
- Water Quality? Ask the Bugs! - Students get to sample a fake stream for fake bugs in order to determine stream health, and allows students to be a "scientist" by collecting and analyzing their data.
Read More >>> (pg. 2)
- NC Watershed Game - Students play a game on a fictional watershed board that shows how different human behaviors affect the watershed, and try to mitigate those effects through BMP's (best management practices).