Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- ARCHDALE: See Randolph County
- GREENSBORO: See Guilford County
- KERNERSVILLE: See Forsyth County
- JAMESTOWN: See Guilford County
- RANDLEMAN: See Randolph County
- TRINITY: See Randolph County
- WINSTON-SALEM: See Forsyth County
- BURLINGTON: https://www.alamance-nc.com/landfill/
Convenience Center: Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm; Saturday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm; Sunday, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
Currently, the Convenience Center accepts the following HHW items year-round: used oil, used oil filters, antifreeze, used cooking oil, lead acid batteries, electronic waste.
- FORSYTH COUNTY, KERNERSVILLE, WINSTON-SALEM http://www.cityofws.org/departments/utilities/residential-services/household-hazardous-waste-disposal
Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste Disposal Facility: 1401 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr., Winston-Salem, NC 27101 (Map). Hours: Wednesday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Closed Sunday through Tuesday, plus holidays and select holiday weekends.
Call 336-784-4300 for more information, or LINK HERE see the current full list of acceptable waste!
- GUILFORD COUNTY, GREENSBORO, JAMESTOWN: https://www.guilfordcountync.gov/our-county/planning-development/environmental-services/household-hazardous-waste
The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Center is located at Ecoflo, Inc., 2750 Patterson Street in Greensboro. Monday – Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. If you have questions, contact the HHW Hotline at (336) 373-2196, or LINK HERE to the website to see the current full list of acceptable waste
Alamance County Landfill: 2701 Austin Quarter Road , Graham, NC 27253
Phone: (336) 376-8902; Solid Waste Director: Richard Hill; Email: email@example.com.
Currently, the landfill accepts the following HHW items year-around at the convenience/recycling center: used oil, used oil filters, antifreeze, used cooking oil, lead acid batteries, electronic waste.
CONVENIENCE SITES - All sites accept the following items with no limit: newspaper, mixed paper, plastic HDPE (Milk), plastic PET (soda), aluminum cans and cooking oil, batteries & oil filters.
Antifreeze & Motor Oil……...Limit 5 gallons per person per day
Tires (must be off rim)………. Limit 5
- Coleridge Convenience Site: Hwy 42 at Erect-Holly Springs Rd.; Phone: (336) 879-2933; Mon, Thur, & Fri: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; Sat: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Liberty: 428 W. Brower Ave.; Phone: (336) 622-1067; Mon, Thur, & Fri: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; Sat: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Randolph County Solid Waste Facility: 11254 County Land Road; Phone: (336) 683-8230; Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; Sat: 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Farmer Convenience Site: Hwy 49 S. near Tom’s Creek; Phone: (336) 857-3002; Mon,Thur, & Fri: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm; Sat: 8:00 am. – 3:00 pm.
Important Tips for Delivering Waste to Facilties:
- Unless specifically noted on the city/county website, community Keep waste items in their original containers whenever possible. Do not mix separate waste products.
- If the container label is unreadable or a material is in a different container from the original, label it (if you know for certain what it is).
- If you have a material that is not listed below that you wish to bring to a facility, call first and explain what it is. It may save you an unnecessary trip if it may be disposed in the regular trash.
- Cushion compact fluorescent light bulbs to ensure that they do not break.
- When you arrive at a facility, do not leave your vehicle. Await instructions from the attendant and have proof of residency at hand.
- If you bring waste in a container that you want back, tell the attendant.
- In some cases, there are limits of how much and how often a resident may visit a waste site. If you have a BIG project, consider renting a dumpster fro ma commercial garbage hauler. If in doubt about whether you are over the limit, contact the local facility in advance.