The TAC is the policy-making board for the Piedmont Triad RPO, and consists of officials from local and state governmental agencies directly related to and concerned with the transportation planning process for the Piedmont Triad Rural Planning Organization which includes Caswell, Davidson, Montgomery, Randolph and Rockingham Counties as well as incorporated municipalities within each county.The purpose and goals of this committee shall be to:
- Develop and approve the program of work for the Piedmont Triad Rural Planning Organization.
- Establish the goals and objectives for the organization.
- Review and approve the prioritized projects, which support and enhance intra-county transportation in the region, for inclusion in the North Carolina Transportation Improvement Plan.
- Approve updates and revisions to the regional transportation plan.
- Provide a forum to identify, discuss, study, and solve regional transportation issues.
- Enter into contracts and agreements with outside agencies and contractors to complete the organization's program of work.
- Voting membership on the TAC shall consist of the following:
- One County Commissioner from each member county representing their county interest;
- One municipal elected official representing the interest of each participating municipality in their respective county;
- One NCDOT board member.
TCC provides general review, guidance, and coordination of the transportation planning process for the RPO and is responsible for making recommendations to the respective local, state, and federal governmental agencies and the TAC regarding any necessary actions relating to the continuing transportation process.
TCC includes technical representatives from all local and state governmental agencies directly related to and concerned with the transportation planning process for the RPO planning area.
TAC & TCC Roster (2018)