Planning is underway for the 2022-2031 STIP!
One of the core duties of any RPO or MPO is the identification and prioritization of projects for consideration in the North Carolina Department of Transportation’s State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). The State’s TIP document is a summary of the transportation projects across all modes that are either underway, in the project development process, or planned for implementation in the next 10 years. This planning process is the result of the Strategic Transportation Investment law passed in 2013.
- Public Call For Projects are underway from June 14th-August 9th! Tell us how you would improve Transportation in the Northwest Piedmont. Find out more.
- P.6.0 Project Pre-submission meetings
- Yadkin County: July 16th 10:00 am -11:30 am County Commissioners Room, 217 E Willow Street Yadkinville, NC 27055
- Stokes County: July 18th 10:00 am -11:30 am County Offices, 3rd Floor Conference Room, 1014 N. Main Street, Danbury, NC 27016
- Surry County: July 23rd 10:00 am -11:30 am Room 136, Historic Courthouse, 201 E Kapp St, Dobson, NC 27017
- Davie County: July 30th 10:00 am-11:00 am Davie Development Services, 298 E Depot Street Suite 100, Mocksville, NC 27028
|Phase I: Identification of Projects|
|BOT approves P6.0 criteria & weights June 2019|
|County and municipal pre-submission meetings July 2019|
|BOT adopts 2020-2029 STIP Sept 2019|
|Northwest Piedmont TAC Adopts Project Submissions Oct 2019|
|Submission of projects into SPOT online (closes 12/20/2019) Fall 2019|
|Phase II: Scoring and Ranking of Projects|
|SPOT reviews and calculates quant. scores for all projects Jan.-June 2020|
|TIP Unit programs statewide mobility projects July 2020|
|Assignment of regional and local impact points Aug.-Oct. 2020|
|SPOT finalizes regional impact scores Nov. 2020|
|NCDOT provides report to JLTOC Dec. 2020|
|RPO's, MPO's & Divisions assign input points Dec. 2020 & Jan. 2021|
|SPOT finalizes Division needs scores, TIP programs, & Division projects Feb.-Mar. 2021|
|NCDOT releases draft STIP April 2021|
NCDOT Strategic Transportation Investment (STI)
NCDOT State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
Please send questions or comments to Lawrence Holdsworth at email@example.com.