Please consult the links and documents below to learn more about Medicaid Transformation and its components.
NC Medicaid Proposed Program Design includes the following North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) policy documents:
- Section 1115 Demonstration Waiver
- Proposed NC Medicaid Managed Care Program Design
- Provider Rate Floor and Reimbursement Scenarios
- Public Hearings and Listening Sessions
NC Medicaid Policy Guidance Documents and Papers contains documents with
- NC DHHS policies that govern NC Medicaid Managed Care programs
- Technical details and features of Medicaid Managed Care programs to inform providers, health plans and others interested in Medicaid Managed Care
- October 2018 PowerPoint On Public-Private Regional Pilots from North Carolina’s State Health Director and Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Betsey Tilson.
- February 2019 presentation from Dr Betsey Tilson on “The Opportunity for Whole Person Health"
Articles and Research Papers
The following article and abstract from May 2019 describe qualitative methods researchers used to examine how Medicaid funding was used to support social interventions in Oregon and California.
- Strategies for Supporting Medicaid Beneficiaries’ Social Needs: A Look at Oregon and California
- Medicaid Investments to Address Social Needs in Oregon And California
This December 2018 report from the Center for Health Care Strategies examines 40 Medicaid managed care contracts and 25 approved Section 1115 demonstrations to identify common themes in addressing Social Determinants of Health (SDOH).
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health via Medicaid Managed Care Contracts and Section 1115 Demonstrations
Seema Verma, Administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), writes about the federal government’s approval of North Carolina’s 1115 Medicaid Waiver in this 2018 article.