The regional development corporation is tasked with developing and implementing the Piedmont Triad's comprehensive economic development strategy. Below you will find links to the current and previous versions of this document as well as a online data portal with information for the region and each of the 12 counties individually.
- The Piedmont Triad Regional Council is a designated Economic Development District (EDD) through the US Economic Development Administration.
- As the region’s EDD, the regional council is responsible for developing a comprehensive economic development strategy (CEDS) to identify regional priorities for community and economic development. The CEDS must be updated every five years.
- Triad Tomorrow aligns with NC Tomorrow, North Carolina’s Statewide CEDS in an effort to foster stronger collaborations across the Piedmont Triad region and State of North Carolina.
1. Build on the Region’s Competitive Advantages and Leverage the Marketplace - To achieve true prosperity, the Piedmont Triad will successfully coordinate efforts to build, grow, and maintain robust, competitive areas of proficiency and innovation across the region.
2. Establish and Maintain a Robust Regional Infrastructure - To remain competitive in a growing global economy, the Piedmont Triad should make the revitalization and improvement of state and local infrastructure a priority for funding.
3. Create Vibrant, Healthy, and Resilient Communities - The Piedmont Triad must take a more intentional approach to providing healthy lifestyle options as a way to attract the best and brightest while also helping to minimize the costs of health insurance and medical care for companies and citizens.
4. Develop Talented and Innovative People - The Piedmont Triad region will need to employ a wide range of multi-faceted strategies to successfully train, recruit, and retain flexible, entrepreneurial, globally-oriented skilled workers with cross-cutting competencies sought by employers.
For more information, please contact Jesse Day, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-904-0300.
Triad Tomorrow Conference
To help guide the development of the CEDS and develop a well-communicated, educated, and informed NC Triad region, the PTRDC organizes the Triad Tomorrow Conference. To review the most recent Triad Tomorrow Conference and materials, please follow the links below.
2nd Triad Tomorrow Conference
The 2nd annual Triad Tomorrow Conference was held on November 1st, 2018 at High Point University. Click on the links below to view the presentations from our featured speakers.
- Healthy Neighborhoods. Mark Sissman
- Third Wave Housing. Richard Angino
- Developing the Internet of Things. Tom Snyder
- Wheels of Change. Woodridge & Jackson
- Outdoor Recreation: Partners for Good Living. Derrick Crandall
- Growing our Outdoor Recreation Industry. David Knight
- Winning Workforce Strategies, CAEL. Sarah Miller
- Winning Workforce Strategies, Human Capital. Cedric Deadmon