The Piedmont Triad Regional Council engages with all communities in the Piedmont Triad on various community and economic development projects. As part of this work, the Piedmont Triad Regional Development Corporation (PTRDC) was created and is now a designated Economic Development District (EDD) by the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration (EDA). The 501(c)3 development corporation is charged with the development of the region's comprehensive economic development strategy (CEDS), operates a small business investment loan program, hosts meetings and informational summits, offers economic development training for local government entities in the Piedmont Triad, manages the regional brownfield program and the regional food council, and provides grant administration for state, local, and federal grant programs.
To learn more click on the links above or contact
Jesse Day, Planning Director
Triad Tomorrow Conference
The second annual Triad Tomorrow Conference was held on November 1, 2018 at High Point University. Presentations from the conference are now available for viewing. Click on any of the links below to see what our featured speakers had to say.
Triad Tomorrow Presentations
- Healthy Neighborhoods. Mark Sissman
- Third Wave Housing. Richard Angino
- Developing the Internet of Things. Tom Snyder
- Wheels of Change. Woodridge & Jackson
- Outdoor Recreation: Partners for Good Living. Derrick Crandall
- Growing our Outdoor Recreation Industry. David Knight
- Winning Workforce Strategies, CAEL. Sarah Miller
- Winning Workforce Strategies, Human Capital. Cedric Deadmon